Limbsaver Recoil Pad for Magpul SGA Stock?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
leid
New Shotgunner

Limbsaver Recoil Pad for Magpul SGA Stock?

Post by leid » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:36 am

Howdy guys,
I have a Magpul SGA stock on a REM 870 Tactical model 81198. The Magpul recoil pad is OK. But is there a better recoil pad available for the SGA stock such as a LimbSaver? I want to make this 870 as pleasurable as possible for the youngsters and girls to shoot. The quick & easy adjustable pull length on the SGA stock is a big plus for this application.
TIA!

EDIT: Finally got it figured out. The MAGPUL SGA OEM BUTT-PAD ADAPTER MAG318-BLK box sent to me contained the wrong part. It appears that somebody purchased a MAG318-BLK adapter, installed it, then returned the original used MAGPUL SGA standard recoil pad mount in the box for credit. Dirty pool!
NRA Life Member/Texas Law Shield
B737: Retirement Looming!

leid
New Shotgunner

Re: Limbsaver Recoil Pad for Magpul SGA Stock?

Post by leid » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:59 am

Just an update to verify, the LimbSaver 10101 precision-fit recoil pad was a drop-in replacement for the OEM stock that came on this REM 870 model 81198. And the LimbSaver 10101 recoil pad was also a drop-in on the Magpul SGA OEM Butt-Pad Adapter MAG318-BLK. All I had to do was switch the screws between the pads. I got this idea from "Red Beans 504", also from New Orleans. Thanks! HTH.
NRA Life Member/Texas Law Shield
B737: Retirement Looming!

alpha15
Valued Shotgunner

Re: Limbsaver Recoil Pad for Magpul SGA Stock?

Post by alpha15 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:42 pm

You can fit the limbsaver air tech to the sga adapter. I hear it works well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk