Will a 26203 Barrel fit on a new 870 Super Mag Turkey

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
mikejtone

Will a 26203 Barrel fit on a new 870 Super Mag Turkey

Post by mikejtone » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:14 pm

I just bought a new Remington 12 gauge 870 Super Mag Turkey Predator with pre mounted TruGlo scope on the receiver. I would like to get a cantilevered rifled barrel which is now discontinued model 26203 to put on this gun for deer hunting. I am wondering if that is doable given the pre installed weaver mount on the receiver? I like the mossy oak camo, and the shorter 20" length barrel and I want a rifled barrel for this gun. Anyone know the answer to this question?

Thanks,
Mike

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Will a 26203 Barrel fit on a new 870 Super Mag Turkey

Post by Synchronizor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Can't say for sure, but my guess is the receiver-mounted rail will interfere with the cantilever mount. If you have a well-stocked gun shop in your area with a cantilever-style slug hunting 870 on the rack, you could check it out and take some measurements.

But even if the Weaver rail is too tall, taking it off shouldn't be a problem. That'll leave some open holes in the receiver, but you can buy plug screws to close them.

You could also buy a fully-rifled barrel that doesn't have a cantilever scope mount, and use your existing red dot for slugs, or put something else on the Weaver rail. This probably won't hold zero as well as a cantilever mount, but slugs and the 870 aren't exactly precision instruments anyway.

mikejtone

Re: Will a 26203 Barrel fit on a new 870 Super Mag Turkey

Post by mikejtone » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Thank you Synchronizor! I appreciate the follow up & your picture comparisons (those were the other guns that I looked at), you have given me the information I needed!

Mike