Which stocks. Soooo many

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Scattered
New Shotgunner

Re: Which stocks. Soooo many

Post by Scattered » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 pm

FWIW the area I'd be concerned about is that area where my mouse pointer is pointing.

Once bitten (literally).......
T2 TacLite.png
T2 TacLite.png (120.9 KiB) Viewed 5490 times

AF Shooter
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AF Shooter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:13 am

Scattered wrote:FWIW the area I'd be concerned about is that area where my mouse pointer is pointing.

Once bitten (literally).......
T2 TacLite.png
I can see what you're talking about, and after your experience with the Mesa Tactical Leo, that does look like a possible pinch point. I have shot an 870 with the original ATI Talon installed, and had no problems with what you're talking about. Thanks for pointing that out, it clearly does look like a potential pain waiting to happen. The pistol grip on these are pretty robust, and even though it looks like a possible pinch point, i "don't think" it would be a problem..lol. I did go ahead and order this stock, so after I install it and take her to the range i'll report what happens with it...
Defensor Fortis!

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Mesa Tactical LEO with the Enidine hydraulic recoil buff

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:07 am

Scattered wrote:Here's a picture of the stock that was "biting" me. The area in question is the transition (lip) from the area where the green arrow is pointing up to the level where the red arrow is pointing.

You know, a different pistol grip might clear up that problem for you; the grip in that picture just tapers straight into the tube adapter, which is just asking for a beating with a hard-kicking shotgun. Since that adapter will take a variety of AR grips, I'll bet you can find something with a shape that moves you hand down a little and away from the buffer tube, or gives you a more vertical grip angle to keep your hand from slipping up as easily. I know other folks have had serious comfort issues with these AR grip/buffer tube setups that were solved by a better-fitting grip.

AF Shooter
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AF Shooter » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:51 am

I got my ATI T2 Tactlite Stock and installed it right away. I have to say i'm pretty impressed with this stock overall. ATI has made several important changes/upgrades to this stock. The stock doesn't move side to side or have any play in at all. It has an aluminum buffer tube and a 6 degree drop now which makes for a solid feeling setup. I think this (for the same price) is a better choice than the Knoxx Spec Ops. That's just my opinion of course, but i dare to say that there is now a great alternative to Blackhawk for for an "economical" 6 position adjustable Stock! I like mine, and after a quick trip to the range, i can say the recoil is pretty mild, it's comfortable to shoot and a well built Stock.

Defensor Fortis!

rem870express
New Shotgunner

Post by rem870express » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:03 pm

AF Shooter wrote:I got my ATI T2 Tactlite Stock and installed it right away. I have to say i'm pretty impressed with this stock overall. ATI has made several important changes/upgrades to this stock. The stock doesn't move side to side or have any play in at all. It has an aluminum buffer tube and a 6 degree drop now which makes for a solid feeling setup. I think this (for the same price) is a better choice than the Knoxx Spec Ops. That's just my opinion of course, but i dare to say that there is now a great alternative to Blackhawk for for an "economical" 6 position adjustable Stock! I like mine, and after a quick trip to the range, i can say the recoil is pretty mild, it's comfortable to shoot and a well built Stock.

Will this fit on a 870 express 20 gauge? :?:

AF Shooter
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by AF Shooter » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:57 pm

I don't think they make this for the 20ga. If you go to www.atigunstocks.com and just call and ask they can tell you. They are very helpful and friendly. All i've ever seen is Stocks for the 12ga, but then again i've never inquired about any 20 ga stuff. There is much more available now for the 20ga out there now, i've noticed that.. Good luck!
Defensor Fortis!

rem870express
New Shotgunner

Post by rem870express » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:45 am

AF Shooter wrote:I don't think they make this for the 20ga. If you go to http://www.atigunstocks.com and just call and ask they can tell you. They are very helpful and friendly. All i've ever seen is Stocks for the 12ga, but then again i've never inquired about any 20 ga stuff. There is much more available now for the 20ga out there now, i've noticed that.. Good luck!
sounds good I will contact them thanks buddy ;)

rem870express
New Shotgunner

Post by rem870express » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:28 pm

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Wow, since when did Newegg start selling shotgun stocks? I just remember them as my go-to computer/electronics retailer during the early 2000s.

rem870express
New Shotgunner

Post by rem870express » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 pm

anyone know which side folding stock this is? Trying to find the exact one for 20gauge