Anyone else run an Urbino and Spectre Gear sling?

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
JelloStorm

Anyone else run an Urbino and Spectre Gear sling?

Post by JelloStorm » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Hey all,

First post on this forum. I put a Mesa Urbino on my 870 and got the Spectre Gear Benelli CQB sling but it kinda seems to just get in the way with my natural hand movement to the pump. The front of the sling attaches to a GGG sling mount that fits behind the barrel extension.

Here is a picture. I'm pretty sure I have it setup correctly..

Also, with the front of the sling and GGG mount being where they are, I kinda limited myself to only having a Surefire dedicated for the 870 vs. a barrel and tube mount like the Elzetta flashlight holder. It's just too bad those new Surefires for the 870 are terrible looking. I have never needed over 200 lumens for home defense which is what this shotgun is for.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Anyone else run an Urbino and Spectre Gear sling?

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:13 pm

If this is a dedicated HD shotgun, why do you even need a sling?

JelloStorm

Post by JelloStorm » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Because the sling doesn't really come off without removing the back strap and taking off the GGG mount. I may only put it on when I go shooting depending how funds are for a light.

Banshee
Guru Shotgunner

Post by Banshee » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 pm

It looks like you have it on correctly. I have a Spectre Gear sling for my M4 Benelli, but I'm not to impressed with it. Looks and feels cheap. If I had seen it before I ordered it, I would NOT have bought it.
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

Synchronizor
Elite Shotgunner

Post by Synchronizor » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Is there a specific need for a constantly-attached sling in your HD plan? If not, I'd get rid of it. It sounds like it's making it difficult to install other accessories that you do have a need for, and if it's interfering with your ability to operate the gun now, it'll probably be even worse during the stress of a life-or-death confrontation.

If you just want something for occasional longer-distance transport or recreational shooting, there are plenty of options that can be easily and quickly installed and removed as needed.

Automag
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Automag » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Since the Mesa Urbino Stock comes with a sling swivel, and you have sling swivel mount on you front clamp, i'd just buy a sling swivel for the front and install a sling that way. It would keep your sling hanging down under the gun and not in the way. Also I myself really don't like that GG+G sling mount that goes between the mag tube and extension, that's just me though. That's the way i'd go. Just a thought. BTW, thanks for the pic. I just got the exact same model 870 Tactical you have, and it's nice to see what mine would look like with the Mesa Urbino Stock and just leaving the factory (speedfeed) fore-end on. I've had one before and it is a great pistol grip stock.
Image Gun Control Means Using Both Hands.