Magazine Extensions for Remington 870

Discuss all accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 870 shotgun: stocks, forends, barrels, chokes, magazine extensions, followers, safeties, sights etc.
Vitaly
Owner

Magazine Extensions for Remington 870

Post by Vitaly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:13 am

Magazine extension is very important because shotguns have limited magazine capacity. Discuss different magazine extensions here.

http://www.Rem870.com - Blog about the Remington 870 Shotgun

TFuller
Global Moderator

Re: Magazine Extensions for Remington 870

Post by TFuller » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Bought the Choate for Franz. Hans has the Remington factory +2 and a decent barrel clamp.

On the Choate , I cut a few inches off the spring because it seemed ridiculously long. I'm using a Brownell's SS Follower on the Choate and I'll report how it all works together hopefully soon. Otherwise, it seems decent enough, but I have yet to fire the damned thing.

On the R'ton +2, I'm using the SBE follower, but it is also yet to be field tested.
Hans - 18" Barrel, SBE Precision Follower, Remington Syn S&F, Extractor, Remington +2 tube Extender

Franz - 18" Barrel, Brownell's SS Follower, Knoxx Spec Ops & PowerPak, Hogue Grip, Extractor, Choate +2

TFuller
Global Moderator

Post by TFuller » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:42 pm

How tight is tight for barrel clamps?

I noticed today that my Choate barrel clamp kept sliding down towards the front sight and I had to keep repositioning and tightening it every 10-20 rounds.

Since I plan getting the CDM Gear MOD-C clamp, this may be irrelevant. It was damn annoying today though. :(
Hans - 18" Barrel, SBE Precision Follower, Remington Syn S&F, Extractor, Remington +2 tube Extender

Franz - 18" Barrel, Brownell's SS Follower, Knoxx Spec Ops & PowerPak, Hogue Grip, Extractor, Choate +2

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 pm

TFuller wrote:How tight is tight for barrel clamps?

I noticed today that my Choate barrel clamp kept sliding down towards the front sight and I had to keep repositioning and tightening it every 10-20 rounds.

Since I plan getting the CDM Gear MOD-C clamp, this may be irrelevant. It was damn annoying today though. :(
CDM Gear clamp doesn't have such problem, it stays in place even after 100 rounds.

jeffcneal
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by jeffcneal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:44 am

I've always been partial to the Choate extension but yes, pick up a more substantial clamp before you rely on it.

Jeff

Helljumper09
New Shotgunner

Post by Helljumper09 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:48 am

Shortly after getting my Wingmaster, I bought a TacStar +3 mag. tube extension. It fits really well and looks great under the 20in barrel. The only this is the ext. is matte black and the gun is blue. It looks a little goofy but works extremely well. My Wingmaster didn't have the indents in the tube so I didn't have to worry about that. Also I'm still using the stock follower but will upgrade soon.

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:12 am

Helljumper09 wrote:Shortly after getting my Wingmaster, I bought a TacStar +3 mag. tube extension. It fits really well and looks great under the 20in barrel. The only this is the ext. is matte black and the gun is blue. It looks a little goofy but works extremely well. My Wingmaster didn't have the indents in the tube so I didn't have to worry about that. Also I'm still using the stock follower but will upgrade soon.
I've heard a lot of good opinions about TacStar extension. Helljumper09, what magazine clamp do you use?

Helljumper09
New Shotgunner

Post by Helljumper09 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:07 am

I am currentl using an ATI clamp. Actually using two, one to hold the extension to the barrel and the other one to hold a LED light to the extension. They work well but in my case, I had to buy new nuts and bolts for both of the in order to fit right. No big deal though.

jeffcneal
Enthusiast Shotgunner

Post by jeffcneal » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:20 am

Has anyone got an opinion on the Nordic clamp?

Jeff

Vitaly
Owner

Post by Vitaly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 am

jeffcneal wrote:Has anyone got an opinion on the Nordic clamp?

Jeff
My friend uses it and very happy about it, I think I will have a chance to take several photos and ask him about it next weekend.