Remington 870 Magazine Extension Kit

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
Racen7

Remington 870 Magazine Extension Kit

Post by Racen7 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 pm

I have a Remington 18 " parkerized ( +2 shot magazine extension kit. Where can I get a plug for this so I am legal during shot gun deer season here in Illinois? I am only allowed 3 slugs capacity. Any help would be great thank you.

Scorpion8
Elite Shotgunner

Re: Remington 870 Magazine Extension Kit

Post by Scorpion8 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Most of the magazine "restricting" plugs aren't going to accommodate the extended magazine that I'm aware of. However you can make your own (check your local game regs) out of a length of wood dowel cut to restrict the magazine to the proper capacity. I know my Sportsman's Warehouse carries the green nylon plugs for Remington's, but as noted those don't accommodate the added capacity of the extended magazine. Or check some of the tactical supply places and see if they offer magazine reducing plugs for their extended magazines.

As long as my game regs didn't prohibit it, I'd just make one of my own. You have to prove (if inspected) that you're not able to exceed the magazine capacity allowed for hunting, not that you bought a such-n'-such device.
Imperious Moderatus
Retired USN
NRA Life ; NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars.....glory -- lasts forever!

jakebrake
Experienced Shotgunner

Post by jakebrake » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:10 am

maybe a crazy idea. check for a used magazine on a site (nope...not mentioning names of sites...that is a real fast way to get unpopular).

I'd bet There are more than one available.

the big site (which, shall remain nameless) actually has plugs to make them a 3 shot for between 3 and 7 dollars.

Germansheperd
Senior Shotgunner

Post by Germansheperd » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:07 am

Just get a reg magazine cap, plug, and stock spring to keep on hand to swap back and forth.