SBS Paperwork Question

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
Post Reply
New Shotgunner
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:27 pm

SBS Paperwork Question

Post by BarryB » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 pm

So I was at the gunshow today, an saw 2 SBS (Short Barreled Shotguns)... I have been wanting to get one, just cuz. That got me to wondering, I assume I can submit a ATF Form 1 and just wait on the paperwork, and then have the barrel professionally shortened when the approval comes back, for a gun I already own, right? I assume that is not a Form 4, cuz you are modifying (buidling) the gun?


User avatar
Addict Shotgunner
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Lost State of Franklin

Re: SBS Paperwork Question

Post by Banshee » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 am

Yes you can build your own SBS by submitting a form 1 to the ATF, providing they are legal in your area. Two copies of form 1, two sets of fingerprint cards and $200. Form 4 is for transferring the firearm to another owner.
The devil danced as he went down, in the hail of arrows comin' Out on the wild Montana ground, Custer died a-runnin'.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest