Remington 870 Competition Trap Shotgun Manual & Value

General discussion about Remington 870 shotgun.
Biggcary

Post by Biggcary » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 am

I am new to this forum. I recently acquired a Remington 870 Competition Trap shotgun. According to the barrel stamping, it was manufactured in June 1981 and it is in excellent condition. No box or manual with it. I have a coupe of questions that I am hopeful the forum membership can help me with regarding this shotgun. My questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone have a soft copy of an owners or filed service manual for this shotgun that they could eMail to me? Something in a PDF file format would be great but I will take a scanned image as well.
2. Does anyone have a current (blue book) value for this shotgun? GB.com has one on auction currently with a bid of $600 that has yet to close for a "like new" version of this same shotgun but I was wondering what the book value is.

Thanks in advance for the assist with these questions as I have never owned such a unique shotgun as this one...

goodguywithagun
New Shotgunner

Post by goodguywithagun » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:24 am

I have both the owners manual and field manual. I also have a source for the o-rings. I bought an unfired one for $600. But in my opinion that was a steal considering there’s only 5500 of them ever made. Give me some time to pull things together for you I have a busy schedule and a wedding to attend this weekend. Shoot me a pm with an email address.

Biggcary

Re: Remington 870 Competition Trap Shotgun Manual & Value

Post by Biggcary » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 am

Many thanks for the info and your willingness to send me the manual! I will PM you with my eMail address and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Biggcary

Re: Remington 870 Competition Trap Shotgun Manual & Value

Post by Biggcary » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Goodguywithagun - I sent an eMail to the administrator for the forum requesting privileges to do private messaging but they have yet to grant me these privileges and I am unsure if/when they will get around to doing this so just send the soft copy of the manuals to g_alexander@mindspring.com and you can ignore any spam filtering messages you may get by doing this. Many thanks for your assistance on this!