Remington 870 Shotgun, Ghost Ring Sights, Wood Stock and Forend
Remington 870 Shotgun
Remington 870 Shotgun from Mac from Remington 870 Forum
This was an acquirement of parts over a couple months.
– Found a dude selling an old school wingmaster bolt/receiver. Judging from the mad-slick action of my shooting chum’s old wingmaster, I jumped on that right away.
– A year earlier another old friend of mind dropped off a set of wood from his old 870 after he went with the new magpul koolaid.
– Found a new manufacture 14” cylinder bore barrel from SFRC in Ontario made by North Eastern Arms. The finish is nice, however the chamber and bore are rather rough. Chamber downright sucks, but with only 100rnds through the gun is hasn’t jammed a shell in there yet.
– I drilled/tapped the receiver and installed scattergun tech rear ghost ring, and using the supplied epoxy, elbow grease and careful fitting, I got the front sight secured. Time will tell how it will stand up.
– Lots of S&J hardware goodies in her. hi-vis magazine follower, oversize safety button, +1 magazine extension and spring, DSC, and right hand sling plate.
– Since it was an old gun, I went ahead and replaced the extractor and extractor spring. I had a few extra from work.
– As per an old gun (most dudes I know haven’t the slightest clue about cleaning a firearm) the trigger group was full of dried up old grease, grit, carbon, dirt, probably some swamp mud etc. I stripped it apart, polished the parts that required it, fresh oil, and she is nice and slick again.
– Limbsaver recoil pad.
– Have been unable to find a new shell lifter with the relief cuts in ‘er
I was going for the classic riot gun look without all the extra jazz accompanying all the new age tacticool jazz. This will accompany me on ATV trips, family campouts, hell, Ill even try to take some birds with it.