Shooter’s Choice Barrel Wizard Review
The Barrel Wizard cleans 12, 16 and 20 gauge shotguns. The exclusive paper towel holder at first glance may not seem very important but once you use it you will understand, why the barrel Wizard is steps ahead of other cleaning rods.
Manufactures Description and Specifications
• Works with all break-open, auto and pump along with bolt action shotguns
• Made using aircraft grade aluminum, Delrin® and is nickel plated with an anodized finish
• Telescoping rod adjusts from 27 to 40″
• The spring loaded snap-cap handle has an oil reservoir
• There is a paper towel grip tooled in the rod for a secure grip the paper towel can be wrapped tightly around the rod for a cleaner swipe
• The grip also doubles as chamber cleaning rod
• The tool is threaded to accept all universal 5/16×27 standard cleaning accessories, 12 gauge snap-cap handles are available separately
• 16 and 20 gauge interchangeable snap-cap handles will soon be available
Loose patches are just that, loose patches and one swipe misses portions of the barrel, because the patch cannot make contact with the entire barrel at one time. It takes multiple patches and swipes to clean the barrel. The paper towel is wrapped 360 degrees around the holder so it makes contact with the entire barrel with one swipe. Paper towels are inexpensive and absorbent and have just the right texture for essentially scrubbing your shotgun barrel.
To use paper towel fold a full sheet in half and then fold again then fit into the slot. This makes sure that the paper towel has expanded around the rod to fit snug in the barrel to push fouling and other debris out.
Another good feature is that you can use Snap Cap Handle together with Paper Towel Holding Device as a chamber cleaning tool:
The snap-cap handle has an oil reservoir built in so you always have oil. This is ideal for competition shooting or when simply getting in some firing range time.
The rod can be stored in the shotgun barrel for easy transport and with the proper gauge snap cap handle installed, you can also dry fire your shotgun safely. Keep in mind with the Barrel Wizard stored in your barrel you know there are not any shells loaded so look at it as an additional safety feature. Barrel Wizard can be stored in Remington 870 but it will stick out from the 18″ and 20″ barrels.
Once the fouling has been loosened then use the paper towels to collect the solvent and loose debris. Then simply remove the dirty towel and wrap a clean one.
Because the The Barrel Wizard rod telescopes you can use it to clean a barrel of any length up to 40″!
The rod is compatible with most standard barrel cleaning tools and accesories so you can at anytime switch back and forth to suit any situation. The Barrel Wizard gives you options so no matter where you find yourself you will have the tools to clean your shotgun barrel quickly and efficiently each time.
The Shooter’s Choice Barrel Wizard will make shotgun cleaning fast and easy. It saves your time and gives you many additional features. Highly recommended!
|Shooter’s Choice Barrel Wizard|